This education toolkit has been developed to provide information, resources, vidoes and links which can be used to educate people about the many benefits of eating red meat.
- Red meat plays an important role in a healthy, balanced diet.
- Red meat is naturally rich in protein, low in salt and provides us with vitamins and minerals that contribute towards good health and wellbeing.
- Grass grazed by livestock captures carbon dioxide from the air and stores it in the soil.
- Scotland’s livestock farmers look after the iconic Scottish countryside and wildlife need the natural habitats created by grazing livestock to survive.
- Achieving high animal welfare is the top priority in Scotland’s world-leading quality assurance standards and farmers work closely with the Scottish SPCA to ensure these high standards are met.
Educational Talks:If you are giving an education talk about red meat and require additional resources please contact email@example.com who can provide you with a PowerPoint presentation and can arrange for resources to be sent to you to take with you.
Resources:On the right there are a selection of resources which can be downloaded (descriptions below):
- Getting the Balance Right: this publication is used within the NHS to educate people how best to achieve a healthy, balanced diet.
- Simply Cooking: 3 simple recipes which have been used in schools as part of a cookery demonstration.
- Red Meat Understanding the Facts: This leaflet contains facts about the health benefits of eating red meat.
- Meat the Facts: A booklet aimed at upper primary school aged children highlighting the facts about red meat.
- Red Meat Journey – Careers: A poster highlighting the variety of careers available within the red meat industry.
- Cattle Breeds Poster: a poster highlighting a selection of cattle breeds found in Scotland.
- Red Meat Nutrition – Key Facts: This A4 information sheet highlights the nutritious value of the different types of red meat and the benefits of each of these nutrients.
- Lamb, Beef & Pork Cuts Posters: 3 posters showing the different cuts of meat.