QMS Coronavirus Update
- All routine, face-to-face assessments to Processors, Auction Marts, Hauliers, Pig and Cattle & Sheep farms will cease from 5.00pm on Wednesday 18th March 2020 for a minimum period of 1 month.
- All members of the assurance schemes must pay their renewal fees to keep continuity of membership.
- Quality Meat Scotland, in conjunction with Lloyds Register, has developed a remote assessment model to enable a full assessment to be conducted which is recognised by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
A remote assessment is a desktop top review of documents and a telephone interview or livestream video. A combination of both elements will allow for a full surveillance assessment to be conducted remotely. Members that are due their annual assessment will be contacted by a Lloyd’s Register assessor to conduct a remote assessment in the coming weeks.
The remote assessment will be a 2-stage process:
- Submission of documents by member to a portal or direct to assessor for review
- Livestream assessment of the physical standards using LR Remote or similar platform
The team of assessors are currently being trained on each element of the remote assessing programme and the first remote assessments will take place the week commencing 13th April 2020.
Of course, we appreciate that not every member will have the ability to complete both elements of the assessment, therefore when face-to-face assessments resume these members can be assessed as a priority to ensure continued compliance.
To view QMS COVID -19 Frequently Asked Questions - Assurance Schemes cliick here
To view QMS Coronavirus Policy for QMS Assurance Scheme Assessments click here
If you have any questions in relation to this protocol, please contact Kathryn Kerr Technical Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would urge you to email any invoices or statements to email@example.com. Any levy returns can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As our office is officially closed, we would like to urge any customer that pay QMS by cheque to consider paying by bacs to help keep the cycle running smoothly.